Thursday 13 May 2010

Who would be the audience for your media product?

I think have varied outlook within my media product so I decided to change the typically viewpoint of a horror film and its normal target audience, the common horror conventions mixed with a cast which is mainly black youths makes a different convergence of media which you can call 'Urban Horror'. It’s called this because our trailer takes place in a park in the city and we have used everyday lower-class students, from an urban city life and the setting is within a park in the city. A target audience is defined mainly by gender and age range and social background, country or urban, race, family status and special interests. These interests can include anything from political learning's to religion or the particular subject matter of the film. The age certificate is 15 so my age range for target audience will be young adults ranging between 15 to 30.
I think for a film to do well its best to appeal to different audience’s horrors usually targets white middle-class/young people which are mainly male, but my inclusion of Rap music does tend to relate to black working-class young people this broadens the range of my target audience. The decision to have a young black cast from the city allows urban audiences to relate with the characters and put themselves in the position because you rarely see proper horror films with them init, Myself and my group were trying to market new genre of media that could appeal to most and I think we was successful in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment